With the successive value changes of liquid fuels which have taken place in current months, the demand for the set up of the CNG system (automobile pure fuel) in motor autos has elevated, particularly for taxi drivers, app drivers and different professionals. The Ipem-SP (Institute of Weights and Measures of the State of São Paulo), an autarchy of the State Authorities, linked to the Secretary of Justice and Citizenship, and a delegated physique of Inmetro guides customers on the protected use of CNG within the automotive.
Together with, to keep away from accidents, such because the explosion that injured two individuals, disclosed within the press this Tuesday, July 26, in San Francisco, north of Rio de Janeiro. Safety digital camera footage from a CNG station reveals the second a automobile explodes and leaves two individuals injured. Within the video, it’s attainable to look at that the automotive was fueling, when the proprietor of the automobile opened the trunk. The CNG cylinder explodes seconds later. The proprietor of the automobile was taken to hospital in critical situation. The lady accompanying him is in secure situation.
For the set up to be accomplished appropriately, legally and safely, it’s mandatory to concentrate to the next objects. Are they:
1. All the time search for a workshop registered with Inmetro. These corporations, evaluated by Ipem-SP, have the suitable technical circumstances to carry out the providers. The listing might be consulted on the Inmetro web site. http://www.inmetro.gov.br/inovacao/oficinas/lista_oficinas.asp;
2. Present prior authorization from the competent authority, on this case, the Detran (State Division of Transit), as directed in article 98 of Regulation 9503/97;
3. The CNG set up package used have to be appropriate with the automobile. The third technology is indicated for naturally aspirated engines or engines with single or multipoint digital injection. The fifth technology package is advisable for extra highly effective and extra fashionable autos. If the automobile works with direct gas injection, the sixth technology is used. The completely different generations of kits have completely different working rules, efficiency, upkeep and costs;
4. Don’t use used elements (except it’s from one automobile to a different, of the identical proprietor). Parts of unknown origin could have issues, equivalent to leaks, lack of suitability for the kind of automobile, along with compromising its efficiency. The one exception allowed is for the CNG cylinder, which might be new or requalified, so long as it has the respective requalification certificates. Care must also be taken with merchandise supplied on social networks or digital commerce when the cylinder data is just not clear. When buying a cylinder, it have to be clear the producer, the registration of the product at Inmetro, the date of manufacture, if the cylinder has already undergone a requalification and by which requalifier firm. Test that the data marked on the cylinder matches the certificates offered.
5. The elements of the CNG system which are subjected to stress or structural are licensed by Inmetro and with that the buyer has the assure that they’ve handed checks and are throughout the specs. These are: stress reducer, provide and cylinder valves, excessive and low stress pipes, stress indicator, cylinder help, air flow system and connections.
6. Require the workshop to pre-inspect your automobile earlier than set up, as required by regulation. Issues equivalent to spark plugs, cables, battery, inside leaks, digital injection, amongst others, will compromise the set up of the CNG and the general efficiency of the automobile. In these circumstances, it’s mandatory to repair the issues discovered, earlier than continuing with the set up;
7. After set up, the workshop should ship the next paperwork to the proprietor:
– Certificates of High quality from the Registered Installer;
– Buyer Handbook;
– Invoices for the sale and set up of elements or substitute, elimination and upkeep (when relevant). The gross sales bill should specify all of the elements that have been put in (help, cylinder, excessive and low stress strains, cylinder valves, provide, air flow system, stress gauge, amongst others);
– Cylinder Requalification Technical Report, within the case of requalified cylinders.
8. In possession of those paperwork, the proprietor should take his automobile to an OIA (Accredited Inspection Company) of Inmetro for the Car Security Inspection. It’s there that your entire set up of the CNG system, the overall situation of the automobile (steering methods, brakes, suspension, tires and wheels, lighting and signaling, necessary tools) and pollutant emission limits will probably be evaluated. This inspection have to be carried out yearly, previous to licensing. The listing of those inspection our bodies may also be consulted on the Inmetro web site, on the deal with http://www.inmetro.gov.br/organismos/resultado_consulta.asp
9. After approval within the inspection, the proprietor should contact the Detran for the issuance of a brand new CRV (Car Registration Certificates), with the inclusion of the brand new gas.
These are a number of the precautions that buyers ought to take when putting in the CNG package to keep away from issues with the security of the driving force, those that are transporting them and everybody round them.
If the buyer finds issues with workshops not registered with Inmetro, finishing up irregularly putting in the CNG Package in autos or utilizing non-certified elements, they will file a grievance with Ipem-SP by way of the institute’s ombudsman.
IPEM-SP is an autarchy linked to the Secretary of Justice and Citizenship of the Authorities of the State of São Paulo and a delegated physique of Inmetro. With an inspection workforce made up of specialists and technicians, it carries out each day routine inspections all through the State of São Paulo on scales, gas pumps, blood stress gauges, taximeters, radars, bike helmets, toys, wheelchairs, youngsters’s automotive, garments, mattress, desk and bathtub, fuel cylinders, amongst different supplies. It is usually your position to guard the buyer in order that he takes residence the precise quantity of product he paid for. Anybody who suspects or finds irregularities can resort to the Ombudsman service, by cellphone 0800 013 05 22, from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to five pm, or ship an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org